Sunday, March 13, 2011

Winter Funk

I am not a fan of the month of February or March. I always find myself fighting off a "winter funk" of some sort. The kind where you have no energy, you don't want to work-out, you hate every article of clothing you own, you can't stand the sight of snow, you are ghostly pale, your nails are constantly cracking from the dry air, and you would rather crawl into a hole and sleep than deal. Sounds depressing, I know. But, it's the truth. We've all been there - we can all get like that.

I have been battling mine for the last 2 weeks and today, during an 8 mile run I BROKE THROUGH! Something just clicked! The air smelled fresher, the lake is actually moving - the ice is gone, the grass looked almost green, and I was smiling. Soon, it will be spring, which then means summer...... oh summer....how I love you so.

Summer means..... 30th birthdays, boating, sunning, gardening, new bathing suits, friends, cocktails, sunsets, Coast Guard Fest, 1000 Islands, flip flops, less make-up, more ponytails, golfing, running, biking, swimming, triathlons, and more flip flops.....

I am a summer girl at heart...always have been and always will be. Because at the end of the day.... it's about splashing through the sandbar, talking by the campfire....it's the simple things in life, like when and where.

No comments:

Post a Comment