Thursday, March 3, 2011

It's Easier...

It's easier to take the shortcut during the run...
It's easier to say "I will lift tomorrow"...
It's easier to perform the job half-assed...
It's easier to sneak a snack at night, when no one is watching...
It's easier to sleep through your 4:30 a.m. alarm...
It's easier to put off the project until tomorrow....
It's easier to only read the cliffnotes...
It's easier to only swim a mile, instead of 2....
It's easier to not track your food....
It's easier not to blog.....
It's easier not to call....
It's easier not to write....
It's easier to point the finger at some else...
It's easier to postpone your goals for another year....
It's easier to only race the sprint, instead of the olympic...
It's easier to not make the bed...
It's easier to put the dishes in the dishwasher....
It's easier to ignore the dogs when they beg for love...
It's easier to take 5, 245 short cuts in life....

BUT.....

If I (or you!) constantly take the easier road, I (or you!) will never obtain:

70.3
Healthy living
A loving partner
A great profession
I made bed
A clean home
Loving dogs
Defined arms
My goals
My aspirations
My dreams

" If you take the a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere." ~ Frank A. Carl




1 comment:

  1. Love it! Its easier to go to bed than run once E is down because I missed my 4:45 am run because he was up at 4:40 and I am exhausted. LOL! But I DID do the run after he was in bed tonight!On the treadmill. :o( Glad I'm not the only one doing it. Rock on girl! muah!

    ReplyDelete