Friday, June 17, 2011

I'm back.

I have no idea why I have not blogged in foreverness (is that even an word?). I have no excuse. Just hasn't happened. I have had days where I think, "oh, I should blog about that." And then I don't. I started this blog to help me stay committed to my healthy lifestyle. And proudly, I can say, I have. However, I have also learned, that I don't need to blog to do it. I don't need to blog to get me to go to the gym, to eat healthy, to get some sleep, to take care of myself. I think, finally, my mental attitude has shifted towards looking at "healthy living" as a diet, into a way of living. This is my life. I eat right. I hit the gym. I run through rain. I pass on delicious cheese burgers. And I smile. This is what I do. This is who I am. I will never be a size 2. That's not me. But, I love who I am. I really do. And for anyone that has EVER dealt with self-image issues, that is a huge statement. And I love being able to write that and mean it.

On Sunday morning, I return to the Maumee Bay for my first summer triathlon. Coach Nichols and I are rocking this one out together, as his wife and Troy are our cheerleaders. I'll definitely miss racing it with Kate, but also know she will be back in the game next summer.

I am pretty pumped up for this tri. I don't want to set a goal time (well, I mean I have one in my head), but I am not about to write it down. All I can say, is I feel A LOT stronger (mentally and physically) this summer than I did last. Matt and I practiced our open water swim last night with Team Toledo and I am pretty happy to report, that I came in 4th total and first in women. I'll take that shit. :) Matt, of course, came in third. Of course, he beat me. But, I did make a strong effort to catch him. I'm going to blame it on the weeds... they were nasty, long, and kept catching in my fingers as I stroked. Gross. Gross. Gross. I freaking hate seaweed and can't stand it touching me. But, anyways, I busted ass and did quite well (if I do so say myself). Now, if I can just bust ass Sunday morning.....

And even if I don't bust serious ass, I will be okay. Just to finish a triathlon race is an awesome feeling. Placing, that is even better. But, finishing, that is what really matters.

Until Sunday.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment