Saturday, November 20, 2010

I love to sleep

What are some of your favorite things? When I awoke around 6:30 a.m., to find both of my dogs curled up next to me (both snoring) and the entire king beg to myself... I checked this into "one of my favorite things." The only way to make it better, would be to add Troy to the mix. But, he was up at 4:30 a.m., covered in deer piss scent, to go be cold in the woods all morning and day, to find the big one. I did it once... hunting that is... and I have yet to go back. Good luck Ballard! Shoot a big one and leave the venisen with your family. Thanks.

We leave for NY Monday (almost a full week in NY!). Usually, our trips are drop-in and drop-out, but we made it a priority to make this holiday last longer. We aren't headed to NY for Christmas and I am already have a major meltdown over not waking up to my mom's Christmas Cinnamon rolls or her egg casserole. Ugh. Don't get me wrong, I love Troy's family and Christmas will be fun. But there is something to be said about the "first" Christmas away from your family. Enough said.

As much as I love to go home to visit, I dread the food piece. For those of you that have not had the pleasure of sampling some of Carol's famous food, I am sorry. Carol is an amazing cook (and a very cool mom) and so, eating at her house is not always the easiest thing to do. She eats very healthy, but its the desserts that get me. Like the chocolate cookies, she bakes for 2.3 minutes and then freezes. She tries to hide them, so we can't see them, but they are always there... lurking in the back of the freezer, with a big magic marker note on them "Chocolate Chip cookies." And then, it's down hill from there. This doesn't include all of the wine..... Julie and Mom love their wine. I love wine when I am with Julie and Mom. You get the picture. Needless to say, I will have to hit the gym (gotta love YMCA memberships) and the hills for some good running, each day I am home.

Troy and I are running the Turkey Trot Thanksgiving morning. When we registered, I called him and said "which are we running - the 2.3  race or the 4.4 race?" Troy's response: "Definitely 4.4, I love me some guilt-free eating." So 4.4 it is on Thanksgiving morning.

My plan is to maintain my work-out schedules through the holidays. Then come, January, I will be back on a strick triathlon training program. Pretty sure my first one will be in NY in early June, followed by some running races, more tris, and whatever I get myself into. When I look back on it, I have been on some type of training programs since last January for one race or another. I like it this way. This, to me, is discipline. I like discipline. I like schedules. So for me, it works.

The frost is just melting and the sun is shining. I'm been battling a cold the last few days, but I must still run. Time to do it. I hope the tunes on my IPod keep my going this morning. Maybe a little Bob Segar to start with... or Crosby Stills & Nash. Don't judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment