Friday, November 26, 2010

I won!

I beat those damn cookies. 4 days and 4 nights at Carol's and guess how many cookies? 1, folks,1. Only one dessert after Thanksgiving Feast. I cried like a baby when we left today. I mean blatted my eyes out. Pretty much cried the entire ride home. But, I beat those damn cookies.

Things that are awesome:

Lying on my mom's bed, with Julie, until midnight on the night of Thanksgiving talking about life.
Carol's stuffing
Hearing Grandpa's hunting stories at Thanksgiving
Rocking out a 4.4 mile run the morning of Thanksgiving
Passing the skinny bitches, as I powered up the hills, during the race (to all my skinny friends... I love you dearly and I really only use these words together out of pure envy)
My husband
My two dogs
Watching my two dogs eat too much turkey
Watching Captain climb into bed with mom each night
Visits with old friends
A lot of wine (too much wine)
Working out each day of vacation
Controlling my diet each day of vacation (with splurging on Thanksgiving)

I will now head downstairs, enjoy some delicious pizza with Troy, watch a movie, and unpack my 20 bags tomorrow morning (before I go running, of course).

Life is good, Thanksgiving was awesome, and those damn cookies lost.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Sue! So, want to schedule a winter run?!?! :o) Let me know!

    ReplyDelete