Monday, January 17, 2011

Do I dare?

As I was scanning the web last night, to attempt to "finalize" my summer race calendar, I found the Syracuse Half 70.3 for September 2011. Now, remember, my goal is to complete my first Half Ironman in Spring/Summer 2012. But, I stopped, I clicked, and I read.

September 2011 - could I do it, would I be ready, will the weather be crappy in September? So many questions....... what is a girl to do?!

I asked Troy's input and of course it was this: "I will support you no matter what." I mean sometimes, for real, give it to me straight Ballard. Like, "You're not ready, you're not strong enough yet, you need to overcome your hate of running, you need to get aero bars for your bike." But.... that is not what I heard. Blah.

Needless to say, my mind has been racing with the "what-ifs" since I found this race. I know, I'm definitely in for an Olympic Tri in May, swimming a relay with EH and SG in June (may even bootleg that one and finish it up, to get the yardage in), still need a tri for July, pretty sure I have my Olympic picked out for August.... but now, Syracuse. It is there - in the back of my head and it isn't leaving.

All during my outdoor, glorious winter run today (I forgot how wonderful winter runs can be!), I thought of one thing only: The Half. I thought about crossing the finish line. I thought about seeing Troy at the end of it. I thought about the pain. I thought about the mental triumph. I thought about "that" girl I once was and I thought about the woman I now am. I thought and I thought and I thought some more. Yet, no decision.

Perhaps a good lift tonight, at the gym will help. Either way, I have a decision to make. I'm either all in for September 2011 or I'm all in for 2012. Either way, I'm doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment