Friday, January 28, 2011

GYM TONIGHT!

Wow. What a month January has been. Lots of traveling for work and lots of fun had by all. My colleague and I traveled to two different conferences (one in Kansas City and the other in Phoenix) to present on BGSU's Centennial Milestone Celebration. Both presentations went very well and our audience was fantastic. They loved everything we had to share. It was a great feeling of accomplishment, reviewing the last year of celebrations, traveling, events, programs, etc. Both travel trips were fun, although, Kansas City was more fun than Phoenix. Phoenix seemed "dead" as a city. Perhaps the time of year? Perhaps the time of the week? Either way, great to travel to cities I have not yet explored.

Next trips? Florida, DC, Denver, Pittsburgh, and Chicago. Good to be busy! I like to be busy. But sad, when Troy and I are crossing paths in the air (literally).

I find it somewhat easy to maintain my work-out schedules, while traveling. I also pack my gear (for both indoor and outdoor work-outs) and make it happen. I mean, some days I can't. But, for the most I do. But, it will be nice to be home for a few weeks before Florida and get some YMCA gym time in, along with some doubles. I started doing a variety of doubles last week and love it. I love the hard work and knowing the results will pay off. I have never been this focused before and I am pumped.

I really need to finalize my summer triathlon schedule. I have decided to wait for the half ironman, as originally planned, and compete in this race 2012. I do think, I will chose Syracuse. I would love for some of family, friends, etc. to be present (if they want to be). And Syracuse is the closest one. Wow, super scary, but super exciting at the same time.

Troy has his weekend MBA classes this weekend. So tonight, we date-it-up at the gym, followed by dinner. So simple and yet, I love it. Looking forward to a great work-out and heavy lift. Not sure if my upper body is ready, but here it comes.

Super fun announcement: Julie, myself, and three of her friends (most of which I know) will be headed to..... (wait for it)...... (wait for it)....

CABO BABY!!!!!!

April 2012...Julie turns 40  and so Cabo here we come. Side note, my sister does not look 40. We are all very excited. I am working out the details as we speak. Can't wait for this vacation - it might just be EPIC. Might? It will be.

Between the half ironman, my own personal goals and the Cabo vacation.... there should be some major transformations going on.... both mentally and physically. I like it. I like it a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment