Monday, February 7, 2011

Another one? That's right kids.

Apparently one too many drinks (as in 3 total) and that's all that is needed for me to agree to another half. Damn. Friday night. It happened. I agreed. So, here I come Glass City Half. But, I must say, I really think this time it is going to be different. My reasons include:

1. I picked out my own training plan this round. Troy picked out the last training plan. It was a great training plan IF you were trying to hold 7-8 minute miles. Welcome to being a 10 minute miler.
2. I am going to allow myself to walk before mile 10, if I need to.
3. I plan on working on my form. My form is horrible and it needs to be fixed.
4. I can't complete a half ironman without embracing a few half marathons.
5. I want another 13.1 sticker.
6. I want another 13.1 medal.
7. I love spending money on sneakers and running clothes.
8. Troy is also going to run this one. He is going after time. I am going after maintaining my sanity. No, for real. I nearly lost my mind during our half this past November. It was not pretty.
9. I will be cross training and lifting weights. Who knew, weight lifting was actually important to the whole running gig?

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY........

10. Matt Nichols is also running this half. His entire goal is to beat me. And I quote "All I care about Sue is beating you. You have beat me every race to date and this one is going to be different." Oh Nichols... you just pissed off the inner-Pelo portion of me. I will see you April 17th. I will be the one in head-to-toe matching running gear. Just remember what happened during the last race you said you were going to beat me..... See you at the starting line Nichols.

No comments:

Post a Comment