Thursday, February 10, 2011

Badass

Sometimes you have to be a badass. Sometimes you have to suck-it up. Sometimes you have to wear three layers of clothing. Sometimes you have to run, even when it is 5F outside.

Yesterday, I did just that. I was scared all day, to attempt the run outside. But, I had my winter running gear with me (God bless Under Armor) and I was determined to make it happen.

Honestly, the only part of me that was cold were my finger tips (chalk this up to, too much ice skating without gloves as a child!) and the top of my thighs. Otherwise, I was aok.

I ran and I ran. I slipped a few times on some ice (never truly landed though, just a slip). Had  drivers look at me like I was a crazy person. And had two college students call me and I quote a "badass" for running in that weather. I just smiled and kept on running, jamming to a little Kenny Chesney (new CD is fabulous).

Hands down, outside runs are ten times better than treadmill runs. Scratch that - 20 times better. It was a good day, finished out with a great run. And let me close by adding - you know it's cold outside when your facial winter-running protective gear has a rim of ice around the edges of it. Oh riiiiiggghhhht, that's just my sweat, freezing within 5 seconds of appearing. Hot. Beyond hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment