Thursday, February 17, 2011

Gram

Gram is awesome. She will be 92 in July and still going strong. I can only hope her genes carry through and keep me as active as she when I am her age.

I had the pleasure of suprising Gram, along with AJ and UD, this week. I flew into Orlando and they all live (during the winter months) about an hour south. I originally had planned on driving to Tampa that Tuesday, but my meeting changed to Wednesday morning. So I GPS'd that bad boy and off I went.

Needless to say... all were surprised. Gram nearly fell over. I love a good surprise. Surprises make the world a better place. Gram was gracious enough to host me for the afternoon/evening. It was great to spend time with her and AJ/UD and all of their friends. What great people.

Here's hoping I can say the same thing about myself, when I'm 91:

1. I will walk each morning.
2. I will read daily and constantly be learning.
3. I will remember to write letters to my loved ones and send cards, always send cards.
4. I will greet my own grandchild with a hug, a kiss and an open arm each time I see them.
5. I will drink beer with the gang and enjoy each taste.
6. I will tell stories that make me smile and make others' smile.
7. I will listen and be patience.
8. I will take an afternoon swim when the sun is high in the sky.
9. I will always ask about my grandchild's dogs.
10. And I will be as cool as a Gram.

Good day, good surprise, good family. I love days like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment