Friday, December 10, 2010

4 POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me start with this: I have a love-hate relationship with weigh-in days. Even when I lose, I mentally pysch myself out, that next week I will gain. Chalk it up to years of dealing with weight struggles. But, last night, at my weigh-in with WW I had a glorious moment.

Plug for WW: The new WW Points Plus plan IS SUPER FABULOUS!!!! I mean FINALLY, they are looking at more than just fiber and fat. They are looking at carbs and protein. Imagine that! Thank you WW for stepping into 2010. We hope to see you throughout 2011 and beyond.

So, I get to my meeting (remember, no matter WHAT, I am eating my cheat meal afterwards!). I step up (after I remove all my clunky, heavy jewelry, shoes, etc.) I felt fat. I  just had a Diet Coke that afternoon, as I was super tired. And I felt like the Diet Coke was just sitting in my stomach, waiting to screw my weigh-in. But, the gods were on my side last night: 4 POUNDS DOWN BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 Pounds. Not .5, 1, not 2, not 2.3, not 3, but 4! This is HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE MOST I HAVE EVER LOST IN ONE WEEK! :) Honestly, I average .5 - 1.2 pds, week. Normally 4, can take me close to a month. Again, many props to WW for the new plan! 

Other reasons, why I think I kicked ass:

1. Coach Nichols and our new swim work-outs
2. Non fat Greek protein yogurt with blackberries. I love you so. You are always in my frig.
3. Weight lifting has re-entered my life. Cardio is great, but you gotta do weights. It only took me 3 years to really get this. But, now I embrace it and hang out with the "big boys and girls" in the free weight section. (I benched this morning, with Troy. He spotted for me - how cute, I know).

So, there you have it. 4 pounds. To some, it might be nothing. To me, it is everything.

And yes, for those that are wondering, I had the most delicous cheat-meal last evening, filled with mozz. sticks, chicken wraps, and 8 onion rings. And, just like I said, this morning I was back to my V8 juice and hard-boiled egg before the gym.

4 pounds - my ass, my thighs, and my stomach will not miss you.

Happy Happy Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment