Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Sometimes you just have to DRINK!

I have three different topics, running through my head that may or may not make it to the blog. In no particular order they are: lame swim coaches that sit on their bum all morning during practice and never really "coach," a nasty older woman in the Y locker room, that loves to make snide comments about my shoes of choice, or ... Sometimes you just have to DRINK!

Topic 3 it is! The other two, may show-up someday. But, for right now, it isn't in my heart to blog about anything negative, given the spirit of the season. To the lame swim coach - I wish you health and happiness (and a new outlook on your coaching skills come January). To the mean old woman - I wish you a very Merry Christmas (and the ability to someday appreciate leopard print stilettos), and to the drinking... well, well, well..... it was a fabulous night.

Let me preface this story, by saying, I am not a huge drinker. I drank my share in college (I think the majority of us did), but I was also never opposed to serving as the DD. I honestly can go months without touching a drink. I don't crave a glass of wine or a mixed drink when I get home from work. I tend to drink more in the summer, than any other season (perhaps a direct correlation with our boating hobby? Yes, I believe so). And honestly, I tend to steer clear of it manly because of the extra calories, which lead to extra food calorie intake. You get the picture.

Anyways, it was the Night of Vacation Eve and a number of good friends, along with myself, felt it important to celebrate in style. We started with dinner, some sangria, and moved into other drinks of the season (bud light is ALWAYS in season - right?!). Anyways, we all had a VERY SAFE (our husbands were DD'ers) and FUN evening. You know the kind of laughing that hurts your stomach and makes your cheeks sore from smiling? That was the evening.

My point, is to not advertise my drinking adventure last evening. Rather, my point is to say this:

Even while living a health style, committing to gym time, training for races, and monitoring my calories SOMETIMES you just have to DRINK! (or what ever "bad" habit you chose for yourself). You just have to do it and NOT worry about the calories, the carbs, the fat, the fiber, etc. You just need to smile, laugh until it hurts, and slug a bud light with some of the best people you know. It was an epic night, with so many laughs. I am blessed to have such amazing friends in my life.

Enjoy the Holiday Season. Take in life, drink a glass of wine ( or 3), be merry, be bright, and smile.


Merry Christmas everyone and a very happy and healthy New Year. I have a feeling 2011 is going to be my best one yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment