Sunday, December 5, 2010

48 Hour Relationship

I just finished watching one of my favorite episodes of 901210 ever. It was the Christmas one, when they are in high school and Brandon creates fake snow for his mom. I cried at the end. Troy, also left for another 5 day trip this morning at 6 a.m. Perhaps my tears are connected.

Let me say, we are lucky and incredibly thankful for both of our jobs. NW Ohio took a major hit in the fall of 2008 and it is slowly rebuilding itself. Needless to say, jobs, in the Ohio/Detroit, Michigan right now are few and far between. So, yes, we are very thankful and blessed.

With that being said, Troy's travel has increased dramatically over the last three months. He is working on a new product for Owen's Corning and thus, with any start-up program, his travel multiplies. He arrived home late Thursday night, was in school all day Friday, we spent Saturday together, and then he flew out early this morning. The travel can get old, quickly (especially when the Grinch that Stole Christmas airs on ABC and your best friend is not there to watch it with you). But, like I said, we make it work and I really try not to complain too much. The good news, he will be home for two full weeks around the Holidays. Even better news, new carpeting, new kitchen cabinets, and finishing the mudroom that week. Fabulous.

Troy, if you are reading this right now... no, I am not "writing a list" or "nagging." I am just mentioning how excited I am, for these projects to be done that week. :) The puppies, also will be ecstatic for their new "homes" and sleeping quarters.

I really don't have anything exciting, funny, or profound to write about. Friday night we "date-nighted" it at the gym together, followed by dinner at home, and a little DVR action with Detriot 1-8-7. Saturday, we finished decorating the house, cleaned, finished decorating our living room tree, made dinner, etc. Nothing amazing and yet, to me, just perfect.

I must now, decide whether I will be running outside this morning or sweating my arse off to Billy Blanks. I am feeling Billy and not feeling the cold lake wind.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment