Thursday, December 30, 2010

Oldest Lesson Ever

I woke up this morning, thinking I was going to swim a mile and half and call it a work-out. Then Nichols shows up (15 minutes late, I might add) and we ended up swimming a lot more than that. To top it off, he throws in lactic acids sets at the end of the work-out. Really, Nichols? Really with the lactic acid? I forgot how much that shit hurts your muscles. I mean for real. Ouch to the soreness in my thighs and arms right now.

After the work-out, I had the following two very important errands to run:

1. Spray tan
2. ATM stop

Both of these errands occurred. Might I add, spray tanning is the way to go. I am tan, cancer-free, and wrinkle-free. Nice work spray tan God. 

But, during my ATM stop, I decided I needed to find the perfect nail polish color for my pedi/mani later that day, in preparation for some EPIC NY EVE fun tomorrow evening. I already had the color at home, I thought I would use, but decided against it. Super weird fact about me: I prefer to always bring my own color to the salon. My nails love to chip and I love to have the matching color with me to touch-up (whether in the car, bathroom, bar, etc.). So anyways... I decided against that color and was on a hunt! I ended up going to not 1, not 2, but THREE different stores to finally find the exact color/texture I was looking for. At store number 2, I started laughing to myself. Here, I was, on a nail polish hunt, looking like:

baggy sweatpants, long sleeve shirt with college t-shirt over, vest, Nike flip flops, hair pulled back with a Nike running band, glasses, reeking like chlorine (even with a good shower after, the odor lingers), and freshly sprayed with tanning colors.

Not the image of someone that would run to 3 different stores for nail polish (did I mention the winning polish, has a touch of glitter in it? Don't hate, celebrate on NY Eve). Nor, a person that may or may not have returned her jewelry for her dress immediately after she purchased it, as she found way cuter accessories at a different store. Nor a person, that over packs. Nor a person, that loves loves loves clothes, jewelry, shoes, and all things "girlie."

Oldest lesson in the world: Don't judge a book by its cover.

As the New Year approaches, so do New Year's Resolutions. I have never been big for these. If you want to change something, do it then. You don't need a night/day change for resolutions. But, for this year, I have some lofty goals. So, instead of resolutions, I share with you my 2011 Goals (kinda the same thing?! I know. But whatev, it works so go with it).

1. Stay committed to my blog. My blog = accountability to my healthy lifestyle, my training regime, and my road to the Half Ironman in 2012.
2. Don't be so quick to judge a book by its cover. I do it way too often, way too quickly. Lesson learned today.
3. Embrace change
4. Remember my blessings, be thankful for all that I have, love my puppies, and continue to be a great wife/partner to Troy.

And just for fun, this would be my ultimate 2011 goal:

5. Find someone/something to back me in a financial investment, to open up a non-profit organization that supports over-weight teenagers in their quest to a healthier lifestyle.  (Thanks MTV for taking my dream.)

Have a great NY Eve. Be safe. Bring it 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment